Sunday, January 30, 2011

American Government: Health Care Class Discussion

To be Honest I was a bit nervous about the discussion on Friday. Not so much because I was shy or afraid to speak up, but because this issue always brings controversy and sometimes it is hard to bring out a positive aspect that can bring everyone to agree upon. I felt that I had to be double the careful with the words I chose or the things I said because there is always one person that might take it too personal. I believe that discussions are necessary, it’s also necessary to have people on different sides of an argument because that way there is no biases. One may bring another person to place themselves on someone else’s shoes and understand instead of judge others. Some great points were made about the health care reform, but in the end I know those who stood strong in their word will most likely ignore anything that went against them. This is why I sometimes get frustrated when I try in a civilized way to bring a point across... But I guess the whole point of discussions is no to convince others but just to make one's own convictions a little stronger, to pick a side and avoid the middle ground that will take us nowhere. Out of this discussion I am even more in support of a Health Care Reform.

1 comment:

  1. Your insight is excellent. There are some people that do take things too seriously and although you should watch what you say, this should never prevent you from voicing your thoughts. Nice job in the discussion.

    ReplyDelete